I loved my conversation with Meg. Her down to Earth nature makes her so easy to talk to. And her story is really interesting. She lost her father at a young age and then her own children almost became motherless when she was struck with a sudden serious illness while pregnant. But through her trials, she learned to shift her mindset to one of faith and trust.
Meg has been marketing to moms for nearly a decade. After leaving her corporate job at Facebook in 2017 to be a more present mom to her 4 daughters, she founded EIEIO Marketing; a digital marketing agency focused on Facebook Marketing for family-first businesses. She also hosts the FamilyPreneur podcast, an interview-style show that explores the “balance” of family & entrepreneurship with a focus on raising kidpreneurs.
In this episode we talk about how:
- As a child, she got the entrepreneurial bug from her father.
- He suddenly got sick and passed away when she was only 11
- When she was pregnant with her 3rd pregnancy she got very sick and was hospitalized. She was unsure if she was going to make it out
- She woke up to what was most important to her
- She believes that her illness was a sign to help her recognize what’s really important
- She’s just starting to see things differently
- She’s still a bit skeptical but slowly a new reality is revealing itself to her
- She’s starting to recognize that when we shift our perception and our mindset, it brings about a sense of ease